Use the highest-quality, longest-lasting clay for hand impressions keepsakes by choosing ClayLinks® Kits. Experienced bereavement professionals know that personal mementos, called linking objects, help grieving families feel deeply connected to their loved ones who have died.
ClayLinks Memory-Making Kits provide an easy-to-use, affordable clay for hand impressions or foot impressions.
When you make ClayLinks prints immediately following a death, families don’t return home empty handed. Instead, they leave with a treasured keepsake. Forever connecting them to their loved one and to the compassionate care they received from you.
Kneading + Baking = Forever!
Our proprietary formula ClayLinks Clay is a non-toxic, polymer-based modeling compound. First, kneading evenly distributes the oils in the clay. Then, baking solidifies the bonds, making the impression truly permanent.
Therefore, once it is baked, our archival-quality ClayLinks Clay…
- will not shrink, crack or curl overtime.
- is made to be touched and held.
- preserves great hand and footprint details.
- is permanent and shatterproof.
No other clay for hand impressions results in such a lasting, personalized keepsake!
Why use polymer, oven-bake clay for hand impressions?
Polymer clay expert and creator of TheBlueBottleTree.com, Ginger Davis Allman, says, “polymer clay cures through a process where the plasticizer softens the PVC particles and the heat slightly melts the PVC particles and the whole thing fuses together.” This is why oven-bake clay is the best choice clay for hand impressions. Especially when the keepsake needs to be permanent.
In addition, our proprietary-formula is easier to knead and work with than other polymer clays on the market. This fact makes it possible to get deeper, more detailed prints in less time, with less pressure.
We know you have other options when choosing modeling materials or clay for hand impressions. But, none of them provide the quality of a ClayLinks print.
- Air dry clays can shrink 5-15% on average during the drying process. This can distort and affect the integrity of the original impression.
- Air dry clays are likely to continue to deteriorate over time. Which can lead to cracking and curling of the impression and there is little chance of repair.
- Plaster molds are time-consuming to make and result in an incredibly fragile end product. The fragility makes it risky for families to hold or touch their plaster molds to feel connected to their loved one.
We’ve considered offering other kinds of molding materials over the years. But, we have not found any that we can offer in good conscience as a keepsake product. Our proprietary clay has been perfected specifically for this use for over 25 years. We hope you will give us a try!
To learn more about our ClayLinks Print Making System, visit our How It Works section.
Until next time,
Chief Growth Officer
World by the Tail, Inc.